Five dead in tourist bus accident in New York state
Five dead in tourist bus accident in New York state

Police said five people were killed Friday when a tourist bus crashed on a New York state highway after the driver became distracted.
The accident occurred about 25 miles (40 kilometers) east of Buffalo as the bus was returning to New York City from a trip to Niagara Falls. The victims were of Indian, Chinese, and Filipino origin, according to authorities.
New York State Police commander Major Andre Ray told reporters at the scene that the driver appeared to have become distracted, lost control, and overcorrected, leading to the crash. While five passengers died, no others were in life-threatening condition. Several injured passengers received treatment and were later released.
There were 54 people on board, US media reported, noting that no children were among the dead—contradicting an earlier police briefing.
Ray confirmed that mechanical failure and driver impairment had been ruled out and that no charges had been filed. Translators were dispatched to assist victims, while eight helicopters were deployed in the rescue effort, according to Mercy Flight president Margaret Ferrentino.
Police said the driver survived and is cooperating with the investigation.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul said state agencies were coordinating rescue and relief operations, while blood donation groups issued urgent appeals following the crash.
“I’m heartbroken for all those we’ve lost and those injured, and I’m praying for their families. Thank you to our brave first responders,” New York Senator Chuck Schumer said.
Niagara Falls, which straddles the US-Canada border, remains one of the most visited tourist attractions in North America.
What's Your Reaction?






